Health And Work Safety Policy
At MAKTECH, we owe our employees and clients a duty of skill and care. It is from this mandate that any items deemed as necessary to protect the latter’s health and enforce safety are availed at NO cost.
The following list of personal protection is an example of such items but it is not exhaustive:
- Suitable protective clothing for persons working out of doors in rain, snow, sleet or hailstorms and low temperatures
- Suitable protective clothing for persons working with materials such as asbestos or asbestos-based materials, lead, cement or concrete.
- Eye protectors or shields where work activities / processes carried out are likely to cause eye injuries.
- Safety nets, harnesses, lines, etc. to prevent falls where it is not practicable to provide working platforms.
- Ear protectors where it is not practicable to reduce noise below an exposure level of 85 decibels (85 dB (A)).
- Safety Helmets, Safety Shoes, Gumboots, Gloves, Fire extinguishers etc.
- Steel toe capped footwear is now recommended on building / construction sites and for some jobs it is mandatory.
All the above, are required by law under the Health and Safety Work Act and the workers must co-operate and wear such clothing and equipment where the circumstances demand it, store it in an appropriate place and report any defects.
Permits-to-Work are issued in a considerable range of circumstances for example; entry into confined spaces, entry into tanks and vessels, use of highly flammable materials and dealing with any live electrical circuits.
Each site uses an Accident Book for recording all accidents under the guidance of the Site Safety Officer.
On site Toolbox Meeting on Health and Safety